Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Real First Day

Last week was an absolute success. All of the students were well behaved, worked hard, and had great attitudes. I am very excited to see what our year has in store for us.

Yesterday was what I like to call "The Real First Day". We had a full schedule, which included moving to our new math classes and starting our language arts program. Again, the students were able to pull it off with success. They were definitely tired by the end of the day (I think I was too), but I am impressed by their willingness to push through the long afternoons and deliver great work.

A couple of announcements for this week. Band starts this afternoon. If your student rents an instrument from Beaverton Music, they will also be here today passing out equipment. In addition, I assigned our first writing homework of the year. I have asked students to be sure a parent signs their completed assignment. If you have any questions about the homework expectations, please do not hesitate to contact me at school. Remember, writing homework is due on Fridays.

Hopefully your students has also been asking you to sign their planner each evening (or, at least on Thursday evenings). I have asked the class to be sure to read 30 minutes each night and get a parent signature confirming their reading minutes. Again, if you need help motivating your student to read nightly, please let me know what I can do to help. Sometimes it is helpful to have motivation from both home and school.

Finally, I am still sorting through the parent responses from our "Whoooo Can Volunteer" forms. If you have signed up to help out, I will be trying to contact you before the end of the week to start a volunteer schedule. If you do not hear from me by next week, and are desperate to be here, please do not hesitate to email. I welcome parent support!

Have an excellent week,
Ms. Kinsman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. Please be sure to only use first names and to keep your comments positive. All of the material posted on the blog is first reviewed by Ms. Kinsman.

We're Nearly There!

With the final week approaching, there are a number of last minute items we are trying to wrap up in class. The students have been working d...