Translate

Monday, September 10, 2018

Back in Action

Whew! What an awesome first week we had! I am so impressed with all of your children and cannot say enough good things about our class. The kids were studious, enthusiastic, and dedicated all week. I hope they were able to get some rest this weekend. I know I was exhausted.

This week, we will be starting a more normal routine. We will start our regular language arts instruction, possibly start groups for math, and will continue with our first science and social studies units. I also will pass out our first writing homework for the year on Friday. I will make sure expectations for the homework are clear, but know that I will be going over this routine at our Back-to-School Night.

I also wanted to explain our specials schedule. Your student may have explained we are now following an ABC routine. Today is a B-Day, meaning we have library. Tomorrow we have P.E. I will be helping the students record the days in their planners each afternoon.

A-Day = Music
B-Day = Library
C-Day = P.E.

Thank you for returning all the forms for the beginning of the year. I am finding your notes, and the students reflections, to be very helpful. I am still familiarizing myself with each of your kiddo's needs, but if you have any concerns that have not yet been addressed, please let me know. 

Have a great week!
Ms. Kinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. Please be sure to only use first names and to keep your comments positive. All of the material posted on the blog is first reviewed by Ms. Kinsman.

We're Nearly There!

With the final week approaching, there are a number of last minute items we are trying to wrap up in class. The students have been working d...