Translate

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

It's Just Around the Corner

With spring break (and human growth and reproduction) behind us, we are now closing in on the end of the year! I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. This is such a great group of kids, I really don't want to the school year to end. Before I get all weepy for summer, we have a busy spring before us. Please read on for some important announcements.


Report Cards & Conferences


I will be completing report cards this Friday, April 6th. This means no school for students. The following Friday, April 13, is also a no school day. We will be holding spring conferences. These are a teacher/parent request style conference. I have a few parents I will be contacting directly to set up meeting times. If you do not hear from me by week's end, and have concerns you would like to discuss, please let me know and I will add you to the schedule. I am available both in-person and by phone.

This report card will reflect your child's progress in the second trimester. Most students are doing very well, and have shown significant amounts of growth from the beginning of the year. Please remember, I score based on the end-of-the-year benchmark. If your student is still struggling to earn a 'Meets' score in any particular area, they may still be able to get there by year's end. I will include suggestions for helping our learners reach these goals in the comments section of the report card. 


Outdoor School


Thank you so much for returning your student's ODS medical forms. These are heading off to the site-supervisor by the end of the week. If you would like to order any Outdoor School apparel, I need the forms ASAP. Tomorrow if possible. The order forms were included in your packet of information.

On Monday, I will also be sending home a detailed letter with information about drop-off and pick-up times for ODS. In addition, if you are starting to realize you may need supplies, please do not hesitate to send the supply request form to school with your child. 

Here's to a lovely spring!
Ms. Kinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. Please be sure to only use first names and to keep your comments positive. All of the material posted on the blog is first reviewed by Ms. Kinsman.

We're Nearly There!

With the final week approaching, there are a number of last minute items we are trying to wrap up in class. The students have been working d...