Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2017

So Many Important Papers

This afternoon, I had your students empty their mailboxes for the first time. There were a few notices from the school I wanted to quickly discuss. The first two are notices about using Synergy ParentVUE. This allows families to check grades from home. You'll notice I also have a link on the right hand side of the screen. 


While ParentVUE is an invaluable resource, we recently made changes to our report card, which are not yet reflected in the grade book. As a result, I am waiting to enter data into our electronic system. I will be sure to let families know when the system has been updated and grades are current online. In the meantime, if I am noticing a pattern of missing assignments from your student, I will be sure to let you know. If you have any concerns, I am here to take questions as they arise.

I also sent home information about the OPPO's movie fundraiser. If your family would like to order movie tickets, please feel free to send an envelope with the order form and money back to school with your child. We will make sure it gets to the office. 

Tomorrow morning I will be distributing our first weekly writing homework assignment. Please expect this in your child's backpack. Remember, the homework is not due until the following Thursday morning. It will then be returned to your student, with a grade, on Friday morning. Your student will have an opportunity to analyze and reflect on their work and make a plan for improved writing the following week. The next week's assignment will also be attached. 

It has been a great week. The kids and I have settled into a nice routine, and we are learning a lot! Thank you again for all your support. You have wonderful students!

Have a great weekend,
Ms. Kinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. Please be sure to only use first names and to keep your comments positive. All of the material posted on the blog is first reviewed by Ms. Kinsman.

We're Nearly There!

With the final week approaching, there are a number of last minute items we are trying to wrap up in class. The students have been working d...