Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Conferences

I hope all of you are having a great start to your Thanksgiving Holiday Break! I love this time of year, and am excited to be a part of a community that can really embrace the spirit of the season. We have an upcoming food drive, which will begin on November 30th, and a Christmas party in the works. More information will be coming soon. 


As you are probably well aware, tomorrow we will begin our fall conferences. I will be here from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., both Monday and Tuesday. If you need any changes made to your conference time, please do not hesitate to call or send an email. I will be available on and off throughout the day. Due to the 20 minute time slots for each conference, it is important that we all try to stay on time (I'm prone to talking up a storm). I will have the conference schedule posted outside my classroom. 

I will also be passing out your child's report card during our meeting. However, I would like to encourage you to take a look before your arrival (here's the link: Synergy ParentVue). If you have any concerns about your student's performance, we can address those questions at the beginning of the conference. In addition, I have invited the students  to join their parents. Many of the kids were surprised hear I wanted them to attend, but I think being a part of the discussion helps them take more ownership for their learning. If other plans have been made, I completely understand. 

Have a great week,
-Ms. Kinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. Please be sure to only use first names and to keep your comments positive. All of the material posted on the blog is first reviewed by Ms. Kinsman.

We're Nearly There!

With the final week approaching, there are a number of last minute items we are trying to wrap up in class. The students have been working d...